Vinyasa Flow Yoga has a wonderful potential to be complete practice: energizing and therapeutic for the body/mind and a wonderful platform for creative expression. In this 3 day teachers intensive, Simon will guide the embodiment and teaching of dynamic yet mindful Vinyasa Flow Yoga; a balance of yin and yang. We will begin each day with a progressive practice full of creative namaskars, fluid transitions, inversions, arm balances, and backbends, leading to peak postures of interesting complexity. In additional sessions, you will be guided in the art of “seeing” as a teacher – how to read bodies and what instruction and hands on assists we can offer to make the practice of our students more grounded and effortless. Also, we will cover essential tools of teaching such as vinyasa krama sequencing for a well-balanced class, restorative practice, pranayama and therapeutic bodywork complimentary to yoga practice and teaching.
Develop a thorough understanding of the dynamic actions required to make each pose vibrantly alive. Through intensive practice, visual assessment, and hand on assists, we will explore the principles that build the bridge from a foundational to advanced practice. How do we engage students and inspire them? We learn to teach from the place of knowledge, creativity and experience.
Gain a better understanding of the physical and energetic principles from the Ashtanga, Iyengar, and modern Vinyasa Yoga systems. We will examine how the universal principles and the unique wisdom of each style can greatly enhance our understanding of energy flow and balance in our practice. Also learn to develop yoga classes and privates for diverse backgrounds and different levels, integrating a deeper understanding of alignment to help your students safely grow in their practice. This immersion is designed for teachers from all traditions of yoga and experienced practitioners.
Finally, we will explore linking the physical practice with the spiritual / inner journey of our students in a way that is accessible to a modern audience. Creating space for self exploration is perhaps one of the difficult and suble aspects of teaching Yoga. Yet, it may be the most most important; allowing students to pass from a purely physical space toward self inquiry and growth.
Become dedicated to moving away from scripted teaching toward creative artistry… the process of becoming absolutely present with your students. Simon brings 25 years of study, practice, and assisting with Shiva Rea, Maty Ezraty, , Richard Freeman, and Dharma Mittra.
TOPICS TO BE EXPLORED:
· Dynamic, fluid and precise Vinyasa Flow practice: detailed physical and energetic alignment, creative transitions, progressive vinyasa krama sequencing building towards intermediate and advanced asanas.
· Energetic Alignment: finding the skillful inner actions that facilitate body/mind focus and freedom. Artful Integration of Breath, Bandha, and Drishti into practice and teaching.
· Learn to give precise and effective hands-on assists through visual asessment, understanding healthy patterns of movement and teaching balancing actions.
· Working therapeutically with common injuries and limitations by adapting postures with better individualized alignment, use of props, hands-on assists and precise cueing.
· Introduction to therapeutic Thai Massage a great enhancement to your Yoga Teaching and Hands on Assisting; developing the art of healing touch.
ABOUT LIQUID FLOW YOGA
A Vinyasa Flow practice that holds the structure and discipline of Ashtanga and Iyengar Yoga, infused with powerful elegance and creativity.. a fresh and inspired blend of modern vinyasa with classical roots. Practice dynamic asana as a movement mediation in an open system with close attention to physical + energetic alignment and awareness of complementary actions. There is a focus on steady awareness and mindfulness in all stages of the practice: setting the intention and space, building and sustaining positive energy, creative transitions and the space to explore the powerful possibility of each asana. Throughout the practice, there is a keen observation upon the subtleties of the breath and how it affects the physical and energy body. Principles of Vinyasa Krama are utilized in a modern way to create an evolutionary practice that aims to awaken, invigorate and harmonize body, mind and spirit.
BIO SIMON PARK
Simon Park began his Yoga journey in 1995 with Shiva Rea in the World Arts and Cultures Department at UCLA. Later acclaimed by Yoga Journal as “one of the most influential and gifted Yoga teachers of the next generation”, he has been leading workshops, teacher trainings, and retreats around the world since 2002. His free-style Vinyasa is fluid, intuitive, and encourages freedom through self-expression. Profoundly influenced by the teachings of Shiva Rea, Richard Freeman, Maty Ezraty, Joan White, and Dharma Mitra, ‘Liquid Flow Yoga’ feels like a beautiful dance between classical and modern Yoga. Dubbed the “Flying Nomad”, he draws inspiration from road legends such as Jimi Hendrix, who said, “the Earth is my home”. www.liquidflowyoga.com
Teacher: Simon Park
Early Bird Price: 375 Euro (incl 21%vat) till 10 September Regular Price: 425 Euro incl. 21% vat
Dates & times:
– Friday 10 Nov: 09:00 – 18:00
– Saturday 11 Nov: 13:00 – 20:00
– Sunday 12 Nov: 09:00 – 18:00
You can reserve and pay for your spot here.
If you find yourself unable to attend, please alert us as soon as possible.
– Cancellations 28 or more days prior to start of an event will receive a full refund.
– Cancellations 27-15 days prior to start of an event can receive a partial refund or credit (25% cancellation fee).
– Cancellations 14-8 days prior to start of an event can receive a partial refund or credit (50% cancellation fee).
– No refunds or transfers are available for no shows or cancellations within 7 days of the start of the event.
– Please contact us at email@example.com to initiate a cancellation.