Advanced Asana Practice, Vinyasa Sequencing for Peak Poses and the Art of Instruction
Vinyasa Flow Yoga has a wonderful potential to be complete practice: therapeutic and energizing for the body/mind and a path toward spiritual realization. Also, the open format of Vinyasa is a blank canvas for the artist within to guide practices that inspire. In this 3 day advanced intensive, Simon will guide the exploration of important and subtle aspects of teaching inspiring Vinyasa Yoga as a physical discipline and spiritual practice.
Develop an understanding of the dynamic actions required to make each pose alive. Through intensive practice, visual assessment, and verbal cues, we will explore the principles that build the bridge from a foundational to advanced practice. We begin each day with a complete vinyasa flow practice infused with physical and energetic alignment cues leading into peak inversions, arm balance and backbends. In the second session, we will breakdown key poses and different parts of the practice in a workshop style to refine our embodiment and teaching.
Integrate Vinyasa Krama sequencing: practice linking poses intelligently, grouping small groups of postures toward peak poses, and opening different parts of the body for deeper postures. Discussion of sequencing will include building toward peak poses and focusing within asana families such as standing poses, arm balances, inversions and backbends.
Gain a better understanding of the physical and energetic principles from the Ashtanga, Iyengar, and Vinyasa systems. We will examine how the universal principles and the unique wisdom of each style, can greatly enhance our overall understanding of balance and energy flow. Thus, we enter into a more knowledgeable place to teach and assist students in a wholistic way. Ultimately, we must make the teachings alive, as we adapt our teaching towards the unique needs of each student. Learn to develop yoga classes and privates for all levels, integrating a deeper understanding of alignment to help your students safely grow in their practice.
Finally, we will explore linking the physical practice with the spiritual path through the introduction of yogic themes and dharma talks. The conscious decision to create the space for others to explore their self-realization is perhaps the most difficult bridge to pass in your teaching career. Yet, it may be the most most important; allowing students to pass from a purely physical space toward self exploration and growth.
Become dedicated to moving away from scripted teaching toward creative artistry… the process of becoming absolutely present with your students. Simon has many years of of study, practice, and assisting with Maty Ezraty, Shiva Rea, Richard Freeman, and Dharma Mittra.
Topics to be explored
· Dynamic, fluid and precise Vinyasa Flow practice: detailed physical and energetic alignment, creative transitions, progressive vinyasa krama sequencing building towards intermediate and advanced asanas.
· Energetic Alignment: finding the skillful inner actions that help the body / mind focus, evolve and change. Artful Integration of Breath, Bandha, and Drishti into practice and teaching.
· Learn to give precise and effective verbal instruction through visual asessment, understanding healthy patterns of movement and teaching balancing actions. This is especially valuable when teaching online and Zoom classes.
· Practice and Teach Pranayama + Meditation
· Working therapeutically with common injuries and limitations by adapting postures with better alignment and use of props
· Theming and Integrating Yogic principles into your teaching.
Dates & Times:
Friday 5 February: 09:00 – 18:00
Saturday 6 February: 13:00 – 20:00
Sunday 7 February: 09:00 – 18:00
375 euro early bird until 15 December 2020
425 euro normal rate after 15 December 2020
Sign up info:
– Please register online here.
– After registration you will receive an auto-confirmation with payment info.
– We can only guarantee your spot after we have received your payment.
– Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
– This training is open to teachers and students of all traditions interested in deepening their understanding of the yoga practice
– Upon completion of the full program you will receive a 20hr Yoga Alliance Certificate from Simon
Simon Park began his Yoga journey in 1995 with Shiva Rea in the World Arts and Cultures Department at UCLA. Later acclaimed by Yoga Journal as “one of the most influential and gifted Yoga teachers of the next generation”, he has been leading workshops, teacher trainings, and retreats around the world since 2002. His free-style Vinyasa is fluid, intuitive, and encourages freedom through self-expression. Profoundly influenced by the teachings of Shiva Rea, Richard Freeman, Maty Ezraty, Joan White, and Dharma Mitra, ‘Liquid Flow Yoga’ feels like a beautiful dance between classical and modern Yoga. Dubbed the “Flying Nomad”, he draws inspiration from road legends such as Jimi Hendrix, who said, “the Earth is my home”. www.liquidflowyoga.com
If you find yourself unable to attend, please alert us as soon as possible. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate your cancellation.
- Cancellations 28 or more days prior to start of an event will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations 27-15 days prior to start of an event can receive a partial refund or credit (25% cancellation fee).
- Cancellations 14-8 days prior to start of an event can receive a partial refund or credit (50% cancellation fee).
- No refunds or transfers are available for no shows or cancellations within 7 days of the start of the event.
Glow Yogastudio reserves the right to cancel any program at any time. If this is necessary, we will issue a full refund.