Dive deeper into the art of sequencing backbends!
Learn how to create yoga classes that lead to blissful and nourishing backbends during this 1-day teacher immersion that is the first of three inspiring sequencing days.
We will start this day with a 2,5 hr practice, to give you an embodied experience of the steps or kramas that lead to injury free, deep and juicy backbends. We will take time to build toward intermediate backbends in a smart and intelligent way.
After the practice, we will analyse the structure and build up of the sequence, to get a clear understanding of the key actions of backbends and how to work with them in a logical, yet creative way.
You will learn how to apply the vinyasa sequencing principles to the backbend family of asanas so you can guide students to effortlessly go deeper into backbends that feel steady and safe.
We will look at the benefits, anatomy, techniques, energetic aspects and hands-on assists of backbends in their different kramas, from simple to complex. This way you will gain a better understanding of how to build up a sequence in a logical yet magical way and how to modify it to your students’ needs.
This teacher intensive is a great way to deepen your sequencing skills after your 200hr foundation (vinyasa) teacher training. Expect to spend lots of time on your mat practicing, analysing, playing and teaching!
- 1 Embodiment practice (Intermediate Solar Peak Pose Sequence for backbends)
- Recap of definition and meaning of “vinyasa”
- Recap of vinyasa krama sequencing
- Thorough analysis of kramas and key actions of the peak asanas, as foundation and starting point for building a peak pose sequence
- Modifications for beginners/more advanced students
- Teaching skills & hands on assists
Date: Saturday 08 July | 11:30 – 19:30
Teacher: Daphne Koken
Price: 139 euro (incl. 21% VAT)
This one-day intensive is part of our full 300hr Program, you will receive Yoga Allliance Continuing Education hours
Sign up info:
Reserve and pay for your spot here
If you find yourself unable to attend, please alert us as soon as possible.
– Cancellations 28 or more days prior to start of an event will receive a full refund.
– Cancellations 27-15 days prior to start of an event can receive a partial refund or credit (25% cancellation fee).
– Cancellations 14-8 days prior to start of an event can receive a partial refund or credit (50% cancellation fee).
– No refunds or transfers are available for no shows or cancellations within 7 days of the start of the event.
– Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a cancellation.